McGill Rd. Development Opportunity
1.3 ACRE MIXED USE COMMERCIAL & RESIDENTIAL
This prime development site is comprised of a 1.3 acre pre-zoned and serviced parcel, located on the corner of McGill Rd and University Dr. The parcel will be delivered as a 99 year prepaid ground lease, with preliminary designs for over 100,000 sf of residential above 13,000 sf of ground-floor commercial with residential parking underground and surface parking for commercial and visitor uses. There is flexibility in the built form and density, with additional density possible in consultation with the TRU Trust.
This highly prominent location in Kamloops fronts the emerging McGill Rd corridor, the primary university gateway on University Drive, and the central pedestrian walkway through campus, resulting in a high volume of foot and vehicle traffic. The site also boasts spectacular views of the Thompson River Valleys and is within easy walking distance of shopping, dining and recreation. It is in close proximity to the largest municipal park in BC and the outstanding Tournament Capital recreational facility. Kamloops is also home to world-class skiing, golfing, mountain biking, fishing and boating.
For further information on the offering process and submission dates for proposals please contact TRU Community Trust at email@example.com. Realtors bringing a buyer will be compensated.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.DEVELOPMENT BROCHURE
800 University Dr. - Coming Soon
MIXED USE ACADEMIC, COMMERCIAL & RESIDENTIAL
This 2.8 acre development parcel is a prime site for Thompson Rivers University with frontages on Summit Drive and McGill Rd. This mixed use parcel is slated for distinguished academic, residential, commercial and retail development. A public realm is planned to go through this site, providing connectivity to and from the Kamloops community and The Reach Neighbourhood. The Site is ideally located in Kamloops’ McGill Corridor precinct.
Why Develop at
Approximately 90 acres of land will be made available to developers who will have opportunities to bid on individually subdivided parcels. A recently approved comprehensive development zone clearly defines permitted uses and densities for the entire TRU campus.
- Over 90 Acres of pre-zoned land to be developed
- Fully serviced land parcels
- Staff delegated approval process for development permits
- Expedited building permit process
- Public realm fully designed and approved
- Lands ideal for a mix of multi-family, retail and commercial development
- Ideal location on a centrally located university campus, close to amenities
- World-Class views & building sites
- Pedestrian oriented urban design
- Easy access to ZipCar and Transit
The Perfect Investment Climate
- Top city to invest in 2017 (Western Investor Feb 2017)
- A vibrant population approaching 100,000
- A growing and diverse economy, creating long-term economic stability
- 2nd most cost-effective place to do business in the Pacific Northwest (as ranked by KPMG)
- Over 2,000 hours of sunshine/year
- Vacancy Rate of 1.1%
- World Class Recreation including:
- Championship Golf Courses like Tobiano
- World-Renowned Sun Peaks Ski Resort
- Internationally acclaimed Kamloops Bike Ranch